You must know that digital radio is a thing these days and this fad will never run out of style. If you are an avid listener, it is time that you look for the right digital radio. Deciding to buy is easy but choosing the right one can be challenging especially with the many types and features available.
However, with the help of a buying guide, you can successfully choose the right radio in no time. Before anything, you should first decide the type of radio you want. It can be DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) radios, Internet radios, personal radios, and battery-powered radios.
DAB radios are actually the most popular type of digital radio. It can range from small handheld devices to large tabletop radios. It is preferred by most because of a wide choice of channels and automatic tuning. More importantly, there is no natural static as it picks up a digital signal.Now you can start with the buying process. Here’s a guide to purchasing Best Radios:
Think of the size
You need to determine the size of the radio. It can be tabletop or portable. If you plan to buy for a specific room, you can opt for larger tabletop units. If you are the type of person who is always on the go, portable radios are best. Another option is pocket radio, which is compact and easy to slip into a bag. Pocket radios run on rechargeable batteries for up to 24 hours.
Determine the features that you need
To help you get the most out of your radio, you should determine the features that you need. Some useful features include the following:
• EPG (Electronic Programme Guide): this is new but this feature is outstanding, as it
will allow you to choose a station and scroll to see upcoming programs. Aside from that, it will also allow you to set reminders.
• Pause and rewind: these features are readily available on tabletop models. The pause and rewind features are beneficial in a live broadcast.
• Preset feature: aside from the pause and rewind features, you need to consider a preset feature. This feature will allow you to store your favorite programs.
• Recording feature: recording feature will allow you to record your favorite show or program. The good news is you can record one or more program through internal memory or memory card.
• Alarms: this can help you get out of bed in the mornings. Digital radio with good alarm is vital. While you are at it, look for a model with multiple independent alarms.
Set your budget
The cost will depend on the size of the radio. Portable radios range from $100 to $450 while tabletop radios range from $250 to $1000. It will also depend on the chosen features.
Check the warranty policy
Some radio makers have restrictive policies when it comes to warranties. With this, it is important that you ensure you understand warranty policy before paying for the unit. To ensure that you get the most benefit, always buy from authorised dealers.